Monday, June 05, 2006

Big weekend.

This past weekend was huge renovation wise for us. Because of the rain all weekend (and maybe a little bit because of the death stare I was getting from Marcy) I decided to spend most of the weekend working on the bathroom remodel.

I picked up the new tiles for the backsplash. These were so ungodly expensive that I considered crushing them into a fine dust and snorting them.

I also did the unthinkable, I actually poured the concrete countertop. I've been working on the form for well over a month, slowly picking my way at it an hour at a time. We'll know the basic results in a few days at which point I'll remove the form and do any necessary repairs (apparently not uncommon) and prepare it for the acid wash to color the surface. Pretty exciting stuff. Here are a few pics of the process.

5 sides and ready for the knockouts and for the joints to be sealed.

Sealing the seams with black caulk.

The pour is complete. You are looking at the bottom side of the counter. All of the exposed surfaces are within the form.

No comments: