Thursday, January 19, 2006

Nursery Rhymes

Nursery Rhymes

I was doing a bit more research on nursery rhymes after realizing that I knew none to sing to Brynna.  In the process, I started to notice a startling and concerning pattern in some of the rhymes, especially the ones from one Mother Goose.  I personally think that mama g was tokin up when she came up with some of these bad boys.  Case in point:

Hey, diddle, diddle,The cat and the fiddle,The cow jumped over the moon.The little dog laughedTo see such sport,And the dish ran away with the spoon.

What the frig????? That makes no sense what-so-ever!

Here’s another:

Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater,Had a wife and couldn't keep her.He put her in a pumpkin shellAnd there he kept her, very well.

I suspect if I tried to keep Marcy in a pumpkin shell she would get a wee bit pissed and I’d be passing pumpkin seeds for a week.

After this bit o’ research, I believe that Brynna is probably better off if I don’t sing to her.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I see you have another nursery rhyme on your Racin Rick blog...