Wednesday, September 02, 2009

taking after daddy




As I think I've mentioned before, B had lost interest in her two wheeled bike for a while this past year, always opting to ride her trike when the opportunity arose. Well, that all changed when we were at one of my bike races in Orono and then solidified when we made the trek up to Presque Isle for a weekend bike festival. For some reason, the bike thing suddenly clicked (maybe because she was literally surrounted by biking crazy folks)and B couldn't be kept away from her bike, tallying close to 10 hours of ride time in the 2 1/2 days we were in Presque Isle. And ever since then she talks about her bike and riding almost as much as I do and if you've spent any time with me you know that that is a LOT!

Anyway, this past weekend I had another mountain bike race so we asked B if she wanted to be in the kids race. She enthusiastically said YES! but both Marcy and I figured that when the time came she'd change her mind. That definitely wasn't the case and B was eager to throw down when race time came. There were only three kids in the race but B showed her killer instinct by taking the hole shot and leading from beginning to end (Marcy kept her hand on her back but did little in the way of pushing) and even sped up when the second place girl made a late race charge.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: