Sunday, May 10, 2009

Smelting

Friday evening I needed to set a smelt net to fish the overnight incoming tide. Earlier in the day I had picked up a little bug catcher/nature observing kit for Brynna. It was a gorgeous day so I decided to pick B up from preschool and take her with me. What a blast! She loved hiking along the bank of the brook looking for bugs and frogs and anything else she could find. What would have been a 15 minute set turned into an hour and a half exploring expedition. B didn't even notice that we blew through dinner time AND bedtime.

The net all ready to fish. I love this brook. It is a beautiful, quiet (except for the rushing water) spot.


She wanted to show Daddy how much fun she was having.



Mommy and B and the nest she built out of leaves, rocks, acorns, etc.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: