Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ricky's Knee

This week’s installment of Ricky’s Knee is actually serious. I know, I know, I try not to be serious too often but sometimes you do what you have to do.

If you’re going to have a baby or already do, take infant cpr. Marcy and I did while B was very young and last week I had to use it for the first time. B was eating and began to choke on something. Her face initially turned a deep red and started to turn blue. It was only because of that cpr class that I knew to hold her face down and slap her back to clear the obstruction. After a few brisk slaps to the back, she vomited and expelled the culprit. If it wasn’t for the class, I’m not 100% certain that she’d still be with us. Take the class.

2 comments:

Dena said...

Oh my god, that is my worst fear. Good job Daddy of the year! We took the class, but I always wonder if I would freeze in panic mode!
What happened after? Did she look at you and laugh and stick another piece in??!

rick is! said...

I wish. She vomited a few times and then cried for about 5 minutes straight. She did go back to eating eventually though.